- A blender or mixer
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil or for a healthier option, olive oil
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
Everyone knows you can put mayo in a tarter sauce for your tilapia but did you know that you can make your own mayonnaise really easily and cheaper than buying it?
To make your own mayo, just follow these simple steps:
1. Place egg yolks in a blender or mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, vinegar and 2 Tbsp water.
2. Add seasonings. You may wish to add a tsp of dry mustard for extra “zing”.
3. On medium speed, mix ingredients together. SLOWLY drizzle oil in. You may even wish to do it spoonful by spoonful. Doing it slowly is important to the proper consistency.
4. Whisk on medium until it reaches the proper consistency. It probably won’t get as solid as store bought mayo, but will be close. You can store it for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
How To Make Your Own Mayo Video