- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 cup quartered cherry, or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced summer squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pitted and coarsely chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
Tilapia and Vegetable Pouches
Wrapping vegetables and tilapia in a aluminum foil pouch for grilling or baking is a perfect way to get a moist, tender meal.
- Preheat grill to medium. (No grill? See Oven Variation, below.)
- Combine tomatoes, squash, onion, green beans, olives, lemon juice, oregano, oil, capers, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- To make a pouch, lay two 20-inch sheets of foil on top of each other (the double layers will help protect the contents from burning); generously coat the top piece with cooking spray. Place one portion of tilapia in the center of the foil. Sprinkle with some of the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, then top with about 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture.
- Bring the short ends of the foil together, leaving enough room in the packet for steam to gather and cook the food. Fold the foil over and pinch to seal. Pinch seams together along the sides. Make sure all the seams are tightly sealed to keep steam from escaping. Repeat with more foil, cooking spray and the remaining fish, salt, pepper and vegetables.
- Grill the pouches until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. To serve, carefully open both ends of the pouches and allow the steam to escape. Use a spatula to slide the contents onto plates.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place green beans in a microwavable bowl with 1 tablespoon water.
- Cover and microwave on High until the beans are just beginning to cook, about 30 seconds.
- Drain and add to the other vegetables.
- Assemble pouches. (See above)
- Bake the pouches directly on an oven rack until the tilapia is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.